Last week I completed my 10k race. It’s finally over, no more long runs training for it and no more weekends panicking about needing to go for a run on my day off. I want to keep running but I will definitely be sticking to shorter runs!
Anyway now it’s over my thoughts have turned to the next thing on my list for this year…a holiday! As I work for a UK holiday company I’m lucky that I get a cheap holiday each year here on my doorstep. But this year, as I haven’t been abroad for a few years I thought it was a great time to take advantage of the cheaper rates and book something away. So later this year me and my OH are planning a getaway to Salou.
Even though it’s not for six months I’m already thinking about what I need to take (OCD organised). Packing for a summer holiday is a tricky process as I always forget something or take stuff I don’t need for a week away. So to be even more prepared I thought I’d write myself an essentials holiday packing list to make sure I know what to take when it actually comes to packing.
- Passport – pretty obvious really.
- Tickets – it’s likely to be on your phone, so make sure you have plenty of battery to get you through the airport.
- A change of clothes for your hand luggage – just in case you lose your suitcase it’s really beneficial to keep a change of clothes on you for your first night.
- Sunglasses – UV obviously, otherwise you’ll spend your entire holiday squinting!
- A new holiday wardrobe – I don’t think I ever fit into my old summer wardrobe by the time the next holiday comes around, so every holiday I treat myself with a new collection. I found a few items on the Simply Be summer shop this year. Make sure you buy things you like/are comfortable in, otherwise you’ll be stuck with a load of outfits not wearable!
- Clean underwear – my tip: buy new before you go but take your old pairs and leave them behind to save on your weight limit coming home!
- A sensible pair of shoes that go with a few outfits – sandals are a great option.
- Warmer clothes in case you’re not lucky with the weather.
- A light waterproof coat
- Toothbrush and paste
- Hairbrush, bands and clips
- Make up – need to look pretty when you’re hot and sweaty!
- Sunscreen and aftersun
- Headphones for music while travelling
- Book, kindle or magazine
- Beach towel and bag
- Swimming costume
- Cap or hat
And if all else fails make sure you have plenty of money on your credit card for a shopping spree abroad – fill your case for the way back!